New Year, Same Goals!
Hello and happy new year! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Years, and I wish you all the best for 2022. I thought I would take a break from proof reading the second edition of The Lost City to update you all on what I have been working on of late.
The beginning of 2022 has been spent catching up with loved ones, including having my son’s great grandmother around and attending family weddings. In amongst all of the craziness I also managed to squeeze in quite a lot of writing time, including during the quiet hours of New Years Eve while everyone else partied and my son slept.
In 2021 I:
- published Heart of Dragons, the final book of The Rachaya Series
- republished Fyrebyrne Island with new covers, a few editorial tweaks, and a bonus short story
- had a sci-fi short story accepted for publication
- had an honourable mention for a contemporary short story; wrote the first and second drafts of a YA Urban Fantasy novella
- got halfway through the writing of a Historical Fantasy novel
- published 23 author interviews here on my website.
I cannot believe how much work I managed to get done along with being a full-time parent to a toddler. For the coming year I hope to keep that momentum going and to have at least one of my new stories ready to send to my editor.
Love and Best Wishes to you all!